Syn Feed user page - addition of comments
Full description of the idea
Currently, my blog feeds into an LJ syn account, where people comment on my entries. Because it is a syn account i do not get the comments emailed to me, so i have to keep checking the calendar pages to see if anyone has made a comment. This system works well until the new month begins and i have to switch between October and November regularly to check if any back comments have been made.
If the front page simly listed how many comments had been made on each entry (as the calendar pages do), then I wouldn't have to switch between calendar pages at the turn of every month.
- People with 'outside' blogs will better be able to monitor comments made to their syn feed.
- Potential subscribers will get a better idea of a feed's activity/popularity
- It might be a start toward adding more helpful information on a front page, to make feeds seem less alienating and 'dull' to the many, many uninitiated.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I can't think of one, it's such a small change.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- change the template for syn feed front pages to include number of comments made on each article.
- (obviously i'm not very techy, so i'm guessing wildly)