Years on profile
Short, concise description of the idea
There should be a way to strip years from public view, but still have them listed. (DOB/Schools/Etc.
Full description of the idea
I think its great to list years on a bunch of things i.e. schools, Birthday, etc, but I don't want people to guess my age just by looking at the years, it just seems that it is a way for you to lose your identity. It is important to have the years available because then you can have a feature to list people who are linked with you. i.e. limit by year or limit to people who attended when I was there, or are current students. So I can find my friends and network. Heck searching by year might be nice, but makes it easier to find the date unless you add some false entries for every x good entries i.e. joe went to Johns university last year..... elementary and high schools really are the ones to watch, but I would like to meet some friends from back then.
- Protect Identity
- Find friends
- Network better
- encourages a more complete profile
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Someone could change dates to figure out your date and still find/narrow down your personal info.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Just remove the code that lists the year with the entry
- Continue to allow limit by year
- Limit number of limit by year searches per week
- Base limit on something/trust level (time as user/number of friends/paying user/completeness of profile/degree of separation of data/IP address/validated email)
- Notify user being looked at?