Notification of autopayment approaching.
Short, concise description of the idea
LJ's new automated payment system does not notify users before taking payment. It should.
Full description of the idea
I'm a college student, so at any given time there may be $1 to $100+ in my bank account. I've subscribed to LJ's new system, but I'm afraid that by the time payment is due, I will have forgotten about it and not have enough funds in my account.
LiveJournal should send an email with details of the amount due and the date it will be taken to users at least 2-3 weeks before it takes payment.
- Less risk for users who may have insufficient funds. (Isn't there about a $30 fee for insufficient funds in the US?)
- Users have time to cancel subscription if they cannot afford the payment for any reason.
- Less risk for users to subscribe to automated payments, thus more people willing to subscribe.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Users may not recieve email.
- LJ's servers may lag.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I don't think it would be difficult to create, considering the information of when payment runs out is already recorded on LJ's servers. Also, LJ already emails users when their normal payments are about to run out, with a link to the payment center.