automating RSS/Atom links and pings
Short, concise description of the idea
On users config page add a select button "Show RSS & Atom feed icons on page?" Similarly, create a place where we can list URLs to ping whenever we add a post.
Full description of the idea
1) RSS/Atom links -- create a user simple way to turn these on. If selected "Yes" then on the page would be displayed both of the icons with correct links so readers can simply drag or select.
2) Create a page for user to put the URL(s) for sites that the user wants to have pinged whenever they add a post.
- 1) RSS and Atom are key feeds, many people use them, but manually adding to page requires programming. This will reduce effort for users, increase value of service, and reduce possibilities of error.
- 2) Many of us belong to specialist or interest type groups that have aggregators with narrow scope. By allowing us to list those site's ping URL you increase the value of the service.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The sole issue I see with adding automatic RSS/Atom icon placement is integration into existing S1 and S2 styles, but I'm sure this is solvable. Worst case is to integrate only for the S2.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Well, I think the above is clear.