Two Wacky Ideas
Short, concise description of the idea
Shared writing exercises, (more or less) that are only open to the person who gets the password from the person above.
Full description of the idea
It is kind of single transmission point to single receptor viral. I'll use poetry for example, I write a verse or two, then give you a password, which locks me out of the poem (I can't contribute at all from there on) and you write a verse. Some one asks you if they can write a verse, you give them a unique password, locking yourself out of the poem and on and on. Once in, never again.
The same for stories.
- It is an ever growing and completely evolving dynamic world, the hopefully carefull lock out would ensure no nepotisim. (There might need to be an IP tracker, anything on the same net and subnet as the last one is rejected!).
- It would be a fun and amazing writing exercise for hundreds of people.
- It would increase market visibilty of LiveJournal.
- You might hire me.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Same person trying to hijack the thing again and again.
- You see that in threads as far back as Fido. Watch the IPs.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Slowly, berhaps among the groups here that like to write, the let it farm out naturally. Ideas like this love participants, they will just show, if you give them a chance to.