Fix tab order in web update client
Short, concise description of the idea
The tab order in the web update client is erratic. This would fix it so the cursor moves from one field to the next in the order the fields appear on the page.
Full description of the idea
The tab order on the web client isn't right. Currently, it starts in the hours field, then the minutes field. Then subject, entry, options, post-to options (and username/password if you're using an alternate login). Then the month field, the day field, the year field -- then to the "rich text" link -- then the question marks in the options -- then the page links.
Ideally, tabbing through the fields should tab you through the fields as they appear on the page. Username/password if you're on an alternate login, then: Month -> Day -> Year -> Hour -> Minute -> Subject -> Entry -> Options -> Post-To Options.
- Helpful to users who prefer keyboard navigation to mouse navigation.
- Provides a more professional look for the web update client.
- Fixes a problem that has been ignored since the web update client was updated.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Will require slight tweaking of the code behind the web update page, which might require the page to have a small amount of downtime, which would be inconvenient.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- (It's a pretty straightforward change. I don't know what else needs to happen for it to be implemented, other than going into the code and redoing the tab order.)