Small improvement to the language editor for translation
Short, concise description of the idea
Keep the highest previous severity when more than one change has occured in the parent language.
Full description of the idea
The language editor for the translation of the site lets the translators sort by severity of the changes.
When a FAQ which has already been changed before is changed again, the severity of the newest change is shown.
By this system, major changes often get overlooked because the severity level goes down with the next change.
If the severity level would show the highest level of change a certain text has undergone instead, it would make the decision what to translate next easier.
- Makes it more obvious which FAQs etc. need to be tackled next.
- Which in turn might make it easier for non native speakers to read the FAQs before asking for help.
- Would make the translators happy.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Concerns only a very limited group of people.
- I can't think of any more problems. Of course it might involve major programming issuse I'm not aware of.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Change it if possible, else ignore the suggestion?