Add e-mail notification when other users modify tags
Short, concise description of the idea
Add a preference setting for e-mail notification to be sent to the journal owner when another user tags his/her journal entries. E-mail notification sent to community maintainer(s) when community posts are tagged.
Full description of the idea
In a personal journal, whenever anyone other than the journal owner tags an entry, the journal owner gets an e-mail similar to a comment notification that someone has modified the tags for a certain entry.
In a community, the original poster (optional) and maintainers can have an opt-in preference setting to receive e-mail for tag modification.
- It would be useful to be able to monitor tagging activity to make sure that tags added are actually useful, accurate, spelled correctly, etc.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Not sure if this would make a difference on the site load on top of comment notification.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- The e-mail content should include:
- the user who modified the tags
- what the modification was (add, remove, edit, as the case may be)
- the original tags (in case the journal owner wants to discard the changes)
- the modified tags