Image Placeholder Revealed
Short, concise description of the idea
Modify current image placeholder so that it can reveal the image without leaving the page.
Full description of the idea
Modify the current placeholder image so that it is a smaller icon, then when users click on it, it uses either the DOM replacement or innerhtml or just toggles the display of the style to add the image to the page. Clicking on the icon again (or a closed icon that replaced the open icon) hides the image again.
- The first benefit is that you don't have to view the image up in its own tab, or window. Thus having to either close the tab, window, or back button.
- The biggest benefit I see is currently the image placeholder links to the image, if the image poster linked the image, you wouldn't know. This way you can keep the image and the link surrounding it.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Also, I wouldn't get to see my icon on lj anymore.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Put the posted image in a DIV with a class that sets its display to none.
- Give that DIV a unique ID.
- Add the 'toggle' graphic before the DIV.
- Have the toggle graphic call some js function that sets the DIV's ID display to block.