Short, concise description of the idea
Develop a LJ Toolbar similar to those put together by Yahoo!, Amazon, Google, etc.
Full description of the idea
I realize that this is something that probably takes a lot of coding, but I was thinking that that would be helpful for a Journal keeper and would serve as on-going free advertising for LJ.
Would be nice if it included a login button, and various buttons for all the various Journal funcitions.
I use FireFox as my browser of choice, but, even though Yahoo seems to be more IExplorer friendly, I downloaded it for FF as well.
- Useful for a journaleer
- Advertising for LJ, reminding LJers of their journal as well as
- Advertising LJ to their friends/family who also use the browser.
- A way to make it a bit easier to move around in LJ -- I'm not an LJ poweruser by a long shot, and having a toolbar there would certainly keep me from having to delete stuff in the address bar to get back the home page to manage my journal.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Coding would be a pip
- Coding would most possibly be unique to each of the popular browsers out there.
- Popular browsers which I know of, for an idea of coding involved: FireFox, IExplorer, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera
- Time involved in coding that could possibly used for other upgrades/improvements to the site
- Money (ditto)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Advertise the toolbar on the home page.
- If it is launched as a beta, indicate that it is a beta.
- Provide a community for commentary on bugs and glitches, with a list of things that should be listed on a good bug report (date, time, what person was doing when it bugged out, browser, OS, etc.), perhaps buildling a page similar to this to appear when a user wishes to post a bug.
- Code the toolbar so that it has an icon that shows up on it whenever there is an update to the toolbar.