ignore Microsoft XML tags
Short, concise description of the idea
Microsoft puts junk into their text that people paste into their LJs. The LJ html parser could just hide them so we'd never have to see them again.
Full description of the idea
example: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
- Extend standard HTML treatment to ugly bits of xml.
- Improve readability
- Stick it to The Man in Redmond
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Extra work for parser, leading to possible bugs or slowdowns.
- More difficult for people to type examples of these XML tags.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Someone gets to open the parsing code, I'm sure it's no fun.