Case insensitive tags
Short, concise description of the idea
Make the tags case insensitive or at least make it a configurable option.
Full description of the idea
Make tags case insensitive. For example - 'Fun', 'fUn' and 'fuN' are three diferent tags now. If tags are case insensitive, these will be all the same.
- Reduced number of tags
- Simplified tag processing
- Should prevent the miss-taging introduced by wrong case
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- There will be no way to distinct from two tags by case
- Probably a more deep code change if it is implemented as a configurable option
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- The code should treat all tags as upper or lower case words, so the URL livejournal.com/users/user/tag/Test and livejournal.com/users/user/tag/tESt should return the same set of journal entries.
- The other option is to make it a configurable option, somewhere in the user profile.