Email Entry Text to Community Poster upon Maintainer Deletion
Short, concise description of the idea
Email the entry to the poster when the maintainer deletes the entry, similar to when a moderator rejects a post in a moderated community. This preserves the entry text if the poster did not keep a backup of the text, and allows the poster to easily repost it with any suggested corrections.
Full description of the idea
Email the entry to the poster when the maintainer deletes the entry, similar to when a moderator rejects a post in a moderated community. Maintainers would also have the option to leave a short comment explaining why the post was deleted and offering suggestions to fix it. This email option would encourage community maintainers to use the delete opion more often if they knew the post was still going to be intact for the poster. It would also take up the same amount of bandwidth as a maintainer commenting to an entry explaining why it was deleted, and potentially shorten the time problematic posts are visible to other community members or the public.
An ordered list of benefits
- Fewer inappropriate entries will stay up.
- Fewer comments (and comment emails) from community members asking for corrections.
- Posters will have copies of their entries to repost them.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Potentially more emails, since every post will produce an email.
- Poster may never repost the corrected entry.
- If the poster has email problems, they may never get the copy of the entry.
- Drama (It's a community. There's always drama potential.)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Copy part of the moderation code to the maintainer entry deletion code.
- Update documentation.