Display Common Tags on userinfo.bml
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow a user the ability to display a list of their most popular tags on their user profile (userinfo.bml), with a drill down to a full index.
Full description of the idea
If the user enabled this, a list of tags would show up directly on the user's profile. Ideally, I see this being implemented such that only the top x (either preset, like friends, or user defined) most commonly used tags would be displayed displayed; a viewer could then click the "Tags" label next to it to view a page with ALL tags.
Personally, I'm REALLY fond of how Flickr handles their tags index: it shows more popular tags in a larger font and then links to a list of all tags in an index format (sorted alphebetically). This would be a perfect setup for the drill down from the user profile.
- Allows viewers to see a user's tags on their profile
- Automates cross-referencing of tag lists (as suggestions is currently having to do).
- Fully exposes the ability of tags to index users entries.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- The user profile has a lot of data on this; this adds more.
- Tags would need to be evaluated for security against the logged in user; tags only used for private entries, for instance, should not show up on this list.
- Some users may not want their tags exposed so openly, so this should be optional.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Requires implementation of code on user profile, profile options as well as some stand-alone pages for displaying the full index of the tags.