Generate Artificial Posts
Short, concise description of the idea
If a given user's friends have been quiet for a given period, generate a fake entry to amuse said user.
Full description of the idea
Often it is the case that one refreshes one's Friends page and there have been no new entries. It would be nice if the friends page would invent new entries to amuse the user in the absense of any real content.
- Users will always have something new to read.
- The generated entries may contain some information of astral significance.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Users might think that people are actually writing the artificial entries.
- The generated entries might disprove the existance of Frank the goat.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Every minute, if there has been no new posts from any of a user's friends, randomly generate a new entry. However, only generate one per friends page refresh.
- These entries can be generated using bigram analysis of the user's friends' entries, along with Inverse Markov Chain probablity trees to increase the realism of the folksonomy.
- Tags can also be added based on probabalistic analysis of the syntax domain.
- Users would obviously have to opt in to this, and it may have to be a paid account feature since it may encourage more friends page refreshing and thus more server load.