Sorting Friends on UserInfo page
Short, concise description of the idea
Using Friends Groups to sort the friends on the UserInfo page
Full description of the idea
I don't know if this has been suggested before, I couldn't find anything...
I am watching a lot of communities and I have A LOT people on my friends list. So you can imagine how packed my UserInfo page is.
A few days ago I started sorting all these friends and communities through some groups I created. And I thought it would be a great idea if it was possible to use the same structure on the UserInfo page. Instead of having all the usernames sorted into 'users' and 'communities' they could be sorted into the groups created by the user.
Maybe it's even possible to have this as an option in the settings, i.e. if someone doesn't want this or doesn't have groups defined, the current sorting can be shown by default.
- the UserInfo page looks less jam-packed and more structured
- it will be easier to find interesting journals for other users
- the groups and sorting is already stored somewhere, so displaying it on the Info page shouldn't be difficult
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I really can't think of anything right now...
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- in the settings there could be an option (radio button), how the friends/watched LJs should be sorted on the UserInfo page - either the old way (checked by default) or according to the friends groups
- the old 'editing friends' can be used for this