Add "Customize" link to "Manage Accounts" page and Dystopia scheme
Short, concise description of the idea
Add "Customize" link to "Manage Accounts" page (when user is using S1; it's already there when they're using S2) and Dystopia scheme.
Full description of the idea
Currently, the Manage Accounts page provides a link to the Customize page only if the user is using the S2 Style System. As the Customize page is the place to go if a user wants to switch their style system to S2, it makes sense for it to be on the Manage Accounts page for S1 users as well.
Yes, you can get to the Customize page from the Site Map or from the Xcolibur scheme, but since I think of customization as a function of account management, I feel it should be on the Manage Accounts page even for S1 users.
Also, there is no link to the Customize page in the Dystopia scheme, regardless of which style system the user is using. Therefore, a Dystopia user either needs to type in the URL manually, visit the Site Map, or go to the Manage Accounts page (if they are using S2).
- Easier to switch style systems.
- Helps promote the S2 style system.
- Easier access to Customize page for Dystopia users.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Adds to link clutter. This is less of an issue on the Manage Account page than on the Dystopia scheme.
- Can lead to confusion. If a user is using S1, they might think that the Customize link is the proper place to go to customize their journal. I don't see this being too big an issue, though, as there is a link to the Modify Journal page from the Customize page. Perhaps the link text can be "Switch your Style System" if the user is using S1.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add links to the proper pages.