Confirmation Page for Adding Popular Feeds
Short, concise description of the idea
When adding popular feeds to your friend page, a confirmation page should appear.
Full description of the idea
Currently, when adding popular feeds to your friends list from http://www.livejournal.com/syn/ they are added to the friends list and to the Default View (if applicable) in default colors. There should be a confirmation page that will allow you to confirm the added feeds as well as select friends list colors and which friends groups the feed will belong to.
- Unwanted feeds carelessly clicked will not be added to the friends list.
- Many users have specific friends groups used for syndicated feeds. They will be able to add popular feeds to those groups in one step.
- Users will not have to take the separate step of changing a feed's colors after adding it to their friends list.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- One more mouse-click for users who would only want the default settings
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- A similar confirmation page is already in use when adding users or communities to the friends page from a user info page or when adding a syndicated feed by name or address. The same page could be used here.