"Reply to this" comment confusion.
Short, concise description of the idea
On the default (S1) comments page, some seldom-LJ -users (and anonymous commenters) get confused between "Reply to this" and "Post a new comment," often posting a reply to the last comment left... this creates confusion, as the new comment gets sent to the author of a completely different comment, when it was intended as a reply to the post itself. I've noticed it on my journal several times, and on other people's as well. I'd suggest changing the wording on the comment links to "Reply to this comment" (instead of just "Reply to this").
Full description of the idea
(why is the full description field required?)
- Just a little wording change to keep awkward-bombs from being dropped.
- Clears up confusion and aids in tiling comments logically.
- Saves OCD-bound LiveJournallers from having a breakdown.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Forces people to read/ignore an extra word.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- "Reply to this comment" instead of "Reply to this."