Ban + Remove
Short, concise description of the idea
Currently, if you ban a user from your journal that is also on your friends list you have to unban them to remove them from your journal. I don't really want to change the behavior of this just add an option to also remove them from your friends list (if applicable) if you ban them from commenting.
Full description of the idea
Currently, when you delete a comment you have two or three options (depends on the comment you are deleting):
- Ban [user] from commenting in your journal
- Mark this comment as spam
- Delete thread (all subcomments)
I'd like to see added to that list
- Remove [user] from your Friends list
- If you are banning someone that is on your Friends list, most likely you are no longer interested in having them on your Friends list either - so this makes the interface more intuitive.
- May save some confusion from the current system that requires you unban them before you can remove them.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Doesn't do anything help when you ban via the Admin Console
- If you don't ticky the box when you delete the comment, you'll still have to go back and unban them if you intend to remove them.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Check box will need to first determine if the commenter is a Friend
- Insert Check box
- Do the actions associated on Submit :P