Moderation of syndication accounts
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow moderation of syndication accounts in order to introduce some level of built-in control.
Full description of the idea
Syndicated accounts have become havens for trolls. It has become a game to try to generate as many comments as possible by use of inappropriate threats, violent images and pornography to favoured feeds, often the most popular comic strip feeds.
Allowing some form of moderation of syndicated feeds would allow some built-in control where there is now none. This may curtail these few disruptive individuals from ruining the popular syndicate feeds on LJ for everyone.
- Built-in common sense control over hate literature.
- Merely announcing moderation over feeds should stop trolls, who know very well all feeds currently have no moderation, in itself.
- Feeds which no longer serve content can be removed or corrected by moderators.
- Multiple syndicate accounts could receive the same feed while allowing for different moderation styles, naturally making all users happier with their interaction.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Multiple syndicate accounts of the same feed may have some impact on bandwidth.
- Problems with moderators.
- Accounts may still exist unmoderated if moderation lapses. Not anything not dealt with in normal unsyndicated comms.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Pick moderators quickly for each existing syndicated accounts, it doesn't really matter who, though it'd be nice if they were previous members who seemed half decent call for volunteers on every account, and take one of the volunteers who step forward after a quick review of their previous comments in that feed.
- The distinct possibility of bad moderation in the short term due to quickly introducing moderators would be mitigated by the ability for another user to start up a syndication from the same feed. Long term, moderators would please their audiences or lose them.
- New syndicate accounts would be moderated, with regard to bannings, deletion of comments, the same as communities, merely not allowing the moderator or any members to generate actual posts, only comments.