Warn when user uploads userpic without selecting keywords
Short, concise description of the idea
Whenever a user uploads a userpic but does not define keywords for it, the "Userpic Uploaded" confirmation page should have a warning in large friendly letters that no keywords have been defined and the userpic cannot be selected.
Full description of the idea
A not-entirely-uncommon request seen in the Support boards: people asking how to select userpics they uploaded without giving keywords to. It's not that common, but it's not entirely uncommon either. A small amount of code could drastically decrease the frequency of this.
Whenever someone posts a userpic but does not enter keywords, the confirmation page should have a friendly warning in red bold text: "Please note: You did not assign any keywords to this image. You will not be able to select it to display on posts or comments unless it is the default or you give it keywords. You can add keywords at the Edit Userpics Page." (The last three words should, of course, be a link.)
Furthermore, userpics with no keywords should have similar, although shorted, red warnings on the Edit Userpics page.
- Will reduce support requests about a simple, easily resolvable problem.
- Shouldn't be all that hard to code.
- Makes the site that much more intuitive.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Someone's got to program it.
- Requests about "OH NOEZ I GOT ERROR" will be one error message more ambiguous.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Just a small modification to the code that creates and displays the page when a userpic is uploaded. It just needs to compare the keyword list to the null list, and add a message to the page if applicable.
- The code for the userpic manager page is similar; for each picture, it checks to see if it has an empty list of keywords, and if it does, it inserts a warning message after.