Manage Accounts page should include your other accounts
Short, concise description of the idea
Currently, the Manage Accounts page allows you to edit only a user's personal settings and those of any communities they manage. It could be expanded so that other accounts under the user's control could be accessed as well.
Full description of the idea
Many LiveJournal users have multiple accounts. The Manage Accounts page is great for seeing the settings of all of the communities you manage and your personal account, but I would prefer it to be able to manage other accounts under my control, by adding them to that list. For example, if I control account FOO, and communities A B and C, and account BAR which controls communities D, E, and F, I would be able to manage all of them from the Manage Accounts page.
In short, you could be able to "link" any accounts you control together, so as not to have to log out to manage other accounts (or post from them, view their friends page, etc!)
- Manage the settings of any or all your accounts without having to log into each
- Post from any account you control, being able to choose userpics specified under each account
- View Protected entries from the list of any account under your control
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Excess load on LJ servers as this change is implemented
- Difficulty in notifying users of this change/explaining it to them
- Additional security checks have to be added in order to "link" your accounts
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Ah geeze, I don't know :)
EDIT: Kinda like how on AIM you can now add 1 or more usernames, and have the Buddy List of each show up, and choose which name to send an IM with or chat with.