Short, concise description of the idea
It would be nice if the maintainers for paid-account communities could maintain a scrapbook for that community.
Full description of the idea
Paid account members get the benefit of a Scrapbook while communities do not. Amoung (many) other things, LJ communities sometimes serve as a place for specific groups of people who know each other and share real life experiences (i.e. my rather large family) to get it together. It is not always the case that every memeber of the community has a paid account, and, therefore, their own personal Scrapbook in which to post community related pictures. Furthermore, the real life community, which the LJ community represents, often extends beyond the demographic of geeks like me into people who would find it onorous to maintain a personal LJ account. While these people obviously could not post pictures, we allow them to participate in the online forum of our real life community and we would also like them to be able to access photos that belong to the community, and not just to some particular memeber of the community.
This would also allow the community photo gallary to be organized relative to the community, rather than organized as a subsection of some member(s) Scrapbook gallary.
Obviously, this would apply only to paid acounts.
- Community Based Photo Area.
- Warm heart of human being.
- More Community Zen.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Authentication Complexity (is a beotch)
- Long, Dark Night of Implementation (think E. Poe)
- Hell if I know, I don't know the LJ codebase.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Well, I don't know shit about the LJ codebase or software architecture, but.. if it were ME, I would say make "community maintainer" equivalant to "community scrapbook maintainer" and not try to bother with adding yet another authorization param for community members.