Allow Bulk Deletion on Main Memory Category Page
Short, concise description of the idea
Rather than making users tack on an extra bit to the URL to delete memories by checkbox, make that the default view when they go to a memory category.
Full description of the idea
When I click the links to look at my memories, instead of sending me to someplace like:
send me to:
- It makes it easier to delete uneditable memories.
- It'd reduce Support requests.
- It'd make the interface more intuitive (having to look in a FAQ to find out how to do something fairly basic and then URL edit is not user friendly UI).
- It will save the world. (I can't prove this, but it might. Take it on faith. By decreasing the amount of frustration in the world, it will set off a chain of events that will, within 5000 years, lead to peace and harmony on Earth.)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Some users might check the boxes, then submit, then click that yes, they do want to delete a memory, and then go - but I didn't actually want to delete those memories! By making it easier to delete, we do make it easier to delete by accident. I'd argue that there comes a time when you have to let users hurt themselves, and taking 3 steps toward deleting something when you don't want to delete it seems to me like that time.
- It'd require a change be made. Where things point to... I don't know how difficult that is to do. However, old links wouldn't break, so it shouldn't be too messy.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Change it such that when you click the heart icon to see your memory categories, all of them link to the new and extra-powerful URL.
- Alternative option, yet equally good, but the ticky boxes for deletion on the main page for the memory categories. This involves cleaner, neater URLs, and more power to the users (than doing nothing). Power to the users!