LJ and IP address
Short, concise description of the idea
By eliminating the option users have to show IP it will increase the security for the users.
Full description of the idea
Journals have the option for the user to see the IP address of those who post a comment in their journals. By eliminating that option it will increase the security of the user.
- 1. The user will trust more LJ.
2. It will increase the personal security of the user.
3. It will leave the dealing of people posting unwanted or out of order comment to the administration.
4. Users will feel more safe.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- 1. I really don't see any problems with it. On the contrary, by not allowing users to see other ppls IP addresses the security of the user will increase.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I'm not an expert on databases and programming. I did noticed is an option on the user's option, if they want IP addresses to show or not. I think it should be set to a permanent "do not show IP addresses".