Short, concise description of the idea
Add support for XFire IM client on User Info page
Full description of the idea
As with ICQ and other IM clients, add a field for a person's XFire user ID. When the ID is entered, pull the users profile panel from the XFire website. To see an example, look at my user info, denali1.
- XFire is for gamers, so adding this will give them a further investment in the LJ community as a whole.
- It allows people to see if a person is playing a game and encourages them not to disturb them if they don't have XFire.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Bandwidth for pulling profile page.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add a field for the XFire ID.
- Add code for pulling the profile panel and displaying on the user info page.