Admin console - alternate interfaces
Short, concise description of the idea
Create an alternate interface to the admin console
Full description of the idea
For the "wouldn't-it-be-nice-if" file, I'd like to suggest an alternate interface to the admin console, similar to what one can do with the various and sundry clients out there. The idea behind this is to be able to do batch operations from a command line interface (reference the client 'sclj').
- Batch operations can be done from a command line
- Opens up the possibility for admin operations at the client level
- Simplification of certain admin operations (e.g., a ban list for a user could be piped to a user's community with a few keystrokes)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Possible security issues, but probably no more so than the default admin console.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- If it's just MySQL or similar, it's a simple issue of granting users access directly to the database.