Control over HTML cleaner
Short, concise description of the idea
Generating any safe XML with S2 would be nice. XML is case-sensitive
Full description of the idea
The HTML cleaner lowercases all HTML tags; this is proper to convert HTML written with HTML4 in mind and make it valid XHTML, but for arbitrary XML is wrong:
- Would allow publishing RDF in S2 (
and tags among others have capitals)
- Would allow generating other arbitrary XML.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- No issues other than implementation time, since lowercasing can be left enabled by default.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add parameter to disable lowercasing on a per-layer basis.
- Add option to the HTML sanitizer to disable the lowercasing.
- Connect a to b.