New additions to Scrapbook show up in users' syndicated feeds
Short, concise description of the idea
Newly uploaded images to paid users' Scrapbook spaces should show up in their syndicated feeds.
Full description of the idea
I think it's pretty self-explanatory, but I'm thinking this could be achieved in at least two different ways:
1) newly uploaded photos show up in current /data/rss and /data/atom feeds
2) seperate feeds are created that serve only photos (like /data/photofeed/atom and .../rss?)
- Easy way to keep up to date with images intended to be public
- With the recent increase in disk space for paid users, users will have another way to use their space.
- Having more features related to paid disk space may cause people to buy more space once it's available.
- I'll no longer have to bother with the constraints placed on free flickr.com accounts. I'd much rather give my money to LJ anyway. :)
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Users may not want people to be able to subscribe to their photos, so a new FAQ entry might be needed suggesting that they use higher security settings.
- Duplicate photos would show up if the user includes them in an entry after uploading, but that's not too big a deal.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation