A Global 'style=mine' Setting
Short, concise description of the idea
Have a 'view all LJ in your journal style' option.
Full description of the idea
In a similar, but more encompassing manner, to the existing 'View comment pages in your journal style?' I would like to see a 'View all LJ in your journal style' option. This would simply tag ?style=mine on to any page, which can already be done manually.
- I can already make LJ look how I want for everything I normally go to. However, if I start browsing around a bit more it reverts to showing me stuff in different styles. Seeing as this can be overridden by manualling adding '?style=mine' I think it would be nice to be able to set this as the default.
- This might be especially relevant for anybody who has set up a specific scheme for a reason, such as to work with a screen reader, or to aid with colourblindness.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Currently I can have it so that viewing comments on my friends pages is done in my style. However, when I make a response it then jumps back to the comment thread but displayed in their style now. This would seem slightly contrary to the option as stated.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- A checkbox option on the editinfo.bml page - 'View all journals in your stlye?'.
- When this is turned on, all links to journals should have '?style=mine' tagged on the end.
- When this is turned on, all links to specific comments/threads should have '&style=mine' tagged on the end.
- When this is turned on, the results displayed when adding a comment to any journal should be returned as if 'style=mine' is present. (NOTE: this should be done anyway based on the currently existing setting for viewing friends comments).