Userpics linking to allpics.bml
Short, concise description of the idea
Currently unlinked userpics should link to the user's userpic gallery.
Full description of the idea
I think that whenever there is a userpic that doesn't currently link to anything (the user's userpic on the main lj page, userpics on main journal pages, userpics on comments, etc), I think the userpic should be made into a link to the user's userpic gallery.
Half the time, when I see someone's userpic, I want to be able to click on it and see what other icons they have. Quite a few people I know have already implemented this on their main journal page, but you have to have a paid account to do this, as well as learn lj-specific code.
Maybe there could be an option in our journal options that allows us to choose between having userpics that we see (all around lj) link to the person's lj info or to their userpics.
- Saves time from clicking into users' info page and then into userpic page
- Makes userpics more useful
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Some people might want the userpics to link to people's info pages, instead
- Newbies to lj might get confused by the linking to user's pic page instead of the info page
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add the linking code to the default layouts.