Phone Posts for Communities
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow owners of communities to phone post to the community.
Full description of the idea
I recently asked in the Support area about the ability to phone post to a community, and was told this was one of the paid account features that did not extend to communities.
I think at least moderators/owners should be able to phone post to their communities. Afterall, *paying* for the feature! For example, the community I specifically want to be able to phone post for is a music community, and I am going to be traveling a lot for the band this week. It would be extremely beneficial if I could post while I am on the road, AND allow the band members to post from my phone as well.
Please, please add this to the list of considerations? Or, is there documentation as to WHY this is one of those features that communities don't get? Are paid community journals getting some other benefit in exchange seeing as they cost the same as paid personal journals? (Inequality, LJ, say it ain't so! :-p)
- phone posts in communities
- allows owners to post when on the road
- makes communities more interesting
- provides a different way of interacting with members of the communities
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Gives users the same benefits for their paid community journals as their paid personal journals.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Since this is already a service for personal journals, it seems like the "work as" functionality could be added to the phone post page to allow owners to manage their community phone posts.