Friends Group Suppor for Phone Post
Short, concise description of the idea
Add an option to the Phone Post posting menu for posting to a certain friends group.
Full description of the idea
In addition to posting public, friends-only, and private, it would be nice if a user could designate one other friends group specifically for Phone Posts. I realize that this can be done now by posting Private and then editing the LJ post that references that file later on, but this 1)is rather complicated, and 2)takes away from the spontaneity of the Phone Post.
For simplicity's sake, a user would only be able to specify one group he or she would like added to the list. The greeting could be generic, "6 to post it to your custom friends group."
- Allow user greater immediate control over who can access certain Phone Posts
- Simplify the customization of access to Phone Posts
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Possibly involves modifying the Vo-IP system
- Some users might wish to have more than one group, which would not be easy to keep track of.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Add another page to the Phone Post management site that allows the user to choose which group he or she would like added onto the menu.
- Add another posting option to the audio menu that makes some reference to custom friends group.
- I'm sure there would have to be lots of other backend stuff done, though I'm not sure what.