Add an "Over 18" or "Over 21" caption for the userinfo page
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow users to input their full birthdate into LJ but allow them to hide the year. On the userinfo page show:
Birthdate: 06-01 (Over 21)
Full description of the idea
- Better ID-Theft Protection for users.
- More people will input their true birthdates.
- Easier for community moderators to verify “Over 18”.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Some community moderators will not like not being able to see the users full birthdate. However, all they really need to know is the user has stated that they are "over 18".
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- The input field for the birthday fiels in the userinfo should have these optional checkboxes:
1. Display Full Birthday
2. Display MM/YY and "Over 21" (Automatically calculated)