Get email notification when a given user adds a new Memories entry..
Short, concise description of the idea
Subscribe to "what's new in a specified user's memory list"; possibly: only for memories added under specified keywords. Be notified by email when a new memory entry is added.
Full description of the idea
Some users consistently add to their Memories entries that I also find interesting. I'd like to get notified by email whenever these users add a new entry, so I can look at it and maybe Memorize it too.
- Directs me to interesting entries, helps me discover interesting new LJ-users.
- Relatively low-cost: on-demand system, memories are added rarely.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Implementation effort.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- With each user's userinfo, store the list of subscribers to this user's memories. Check the list whenever the user memorizes an entry, and send out email notifications.
- Have an option to only send notifications when the user memorizes someone else's entry (not his own).
- Have an option to subscribe only to memories under a certain keyword. E.g. if I like some user's taste for photos, I can subscribe to get notified whenever he adds a new "photos" memory but not when he adds memories under other keywords.