Ability to Replace Polls in Journal Entries
Short, concise description of the idea
I'd like to see the ability to replace polls in journal entries instead of having to create an entire new journal entry when you want to create a new poll.
Full description of the idea
Many people use polls for addresses and opt-in filters, among other things. Since there is no way to edit a poll (and I don't really like the idea of editing a poll anyway, because of the drawbacks discussed in the earlier suggestion), the only way to do this is to create a new poll and post it in a new journal entry. This is annoying. I think it should be possible to add the poll code in an existing entry.
- One does not have to create new journal entries when they need to update a poll.
- Many people link to polls elsewhere in their journals or in communities. This helps keep the links the same so that all instances don't need to be changed.
- Rather than simply editing polls, which could cause some other issues, new polls would be created and simply replace the old one.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- I don't know how the current poll-entry connection is established now, so there might be some issues there.
- Old polls would be inaccessible and the data would be lost if not backed up somehow.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I guess that the poll-entry connection would need to be altered to allow for past entries to be edited with new polls.
- I really don't know much more than that, since I don't know how the poll system is coded and whatnot.