The ability to make your website address friends-only
Short, concise description of the idea
I think we should be able to control whether or not we would like our website to be displayed to people who are not on our friends list.
Full description of the idea
If you have a friends only journal or are just a private person, you may not want people that you meet on Livejournal to be able to find your personal homepage.
I post on a number of community pages and sometimes I am followed back to my journal by people that I don't want to contact me or would prefer that they not see my homepage.
In addition, since posting the address of my new domain, the amount of spam that I have received for email@example.com has increased dramatically. This is the only place I've posted it, so I believe that this traffic is coming from here. If I could make it friends-only, then spiders would not be able to find my website.
- -protects the privacy of users
- -allows people to share their webspace with people they trust
- -prevents spiders from accessing web address
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- -Might be annoying to implement but the functionality is already there for other fields such as phone number, email, IM, etc.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- -As stated, the functionality is pre-existing and would just need to be applied to another field.