additional security class: Public Only
Short, concise description of the idea
a class of pages that only non-friends see.
Full description of the idea
It would be good to set an entry as "public only" - one that we can use when non - friends land on our journal and we can communicate some specific message to them consistently.
For instance, I link to my journal from my website. But inorder to see the bulk of my journal, you have to be on my friends list. I have a post dated entry that always comes up so that i can tell non friedns to join and meet me before I will add them to my friends list. The downside of this is that it's the first entry my friends see each time they go to their friends page. Designating this or similar posts as "public only", and preventing friends from seeing it will elminate this, while communicating the message to potential friends.
- Friends will not have to see this entry each time they visit my journal or their friends page.
- Non-friends will *always* see this message first whether they land on my journal from within Live Journal or though the link on my website.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Can't think of any. Seems like a winner. ;-)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- add a menu item to your security menu.
- add an item to your list of security settings and teh supporting code.