Voice Recognition Software
Short, concise description of the idea
I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to navigate through LJ. Some links are very difficult to access and not voice recognition (VR) software friendly.
Full description of the idea
For example, I have to hover over the "Journal..." link to open up the "Recent" link. Using Voice Recognition software, I say, "Click Recent." to activate the link, but to get it to be visible is a pain, as I have to deftly command the pointer to pass over the "Journal..." link.
Also, there are far too many links on each screen, and mispronouncing a word usually takes me to a random, bizarre screen, and all my typed out text is lost when I come back.
Also, the ALT text that you enter into each Image is what VR software uses to activate that icon/graphic-button. Please keep these ALT text tags simple, and regular English words.
Have you thought about making LJ more Voice Recognition friendly?
- disabled users will be able to work easily
- users afflicted with RSI usually use VR software
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- may require large amount of rework
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Make each link visible initially, should be no need to hover over one link to reveal another
- simplify ALT text used to reference graphic-buttons and icons
- try and avoid duplication of links/ALT text tags in each screen