Autoformat LJ-USER and LJ CUT tags to prevent common markup errors
Short, concise description of the idea
Most markup errors are a result of people using "lj cut" or "lj-user" for the LJ specific tags, making two new tags or automatically parsing the "bad" tag versions would fix this.
Full description of the idea
I realize that this isn't a huge problem - it only occurs in maybe one in 50 of the posts or comments that I see, but it seems like a very simple problem to fix that would make LJ a little more user-friendly.
- Fewer markup errors in peoples' entries/comments.
- The world would be a nicer place.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Angry bees could attack and sting the developers to death if they were totally unaware of their surrounding in the depths of coding frenzy. That's pretty much all I can think of.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Perhaps a parsing feature which changes lj-user to lj user and lj cut to lj-cut?
- Possibly just adding lj cut and lj-user tags.