For S2 styles, a customizable Link -button-
Short, concise description of the idea
Include a Link button (an example is here) to replace the default Link text in the comment pages, and/or to be added to the toolbar on both comment, entry, and ..LASTN? (friends) pages.
Full description of the idea
Currently in S2, there is a toolbar of various options, such as edit, add to memories, etc, composed of buttons in place of text, that allow for various functionality. Strangely, there is not such a button for the entry/comment permalink. It is composed of text and by default formatted to (Link). I beleive a button (or an option for one) would be a better visual 'fit'.
- It would fit in the toolbar theme and not look different and out of place.
- It would allow for a bit more customization.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Would require a change to the core S2 layer, as well as the S2 styles.
- Someone would have to make the icon. =)
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- For S2, I beleive it is the link_keyseq that holds the information and order of said buttons in the toolbar, the idea being that you iterate over that array to make your toolbar.