LJ's hosting servers
Short, concise description of the idea
Live Journal should relocate its hosting servers outside the borders of the U.S.A..
Full description of the idea
U.S. Federal authorities are insisting on more backdoor access to data they deem potentially harmful to the country's interests. There are actions and | or ideas which may be considered illegal in the U.S.A., but are within the law of many other countries.
- More free speech and expression.
- Less possibility for U.S. Federal authorities to demand removal of content which it contends is illegal.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- LJ personnel here in the U.S.A. will have to coordinate across time zones for any technical snags which might occur.
- This is outsourcing, albeit as a protest against overly restrictive laws in effect here in the U.S.A.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Find a server host center in another country, such as: The Bahamas, Belize, Barbados, Grenada, The Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.