Memories: Saving Copies
Short, concise description of the idea
Memories should save a copy of the text.
Full description of the idea
I would like it if memories saved a copy of the text, not simply a link to the journal entry in question. The entropy of the Internet, livejournal accounts, and the constantly-changing landscape of the friends system break way too many memories. What's the point in having them if they always run the risk of being inaccessible due to one of the above reasons?
- Users get more use out of memories
- Memory contents avoid being lost/inaccessible thus broken
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Will take development time
- Could be achieved by saving the entry into one's own journal & memorizing it
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Save a copy (somewhere) of memories on the server, entry, text, and all
- OR, set up memories to auto-post to your own journal (backdated) all of the relevant details and then auto-memorize it.