friends group management pivoted on friends
Short, concise description of the idea
Add a friends group management page that is like the current one, only swap the left and middle lists
Full description of the idea
Currently friends groups are edited on a per-group basis. Sometimes I want to edit on a per-friend basis. Use the same general UI, but have a list of friends in the left box, and move groups between the middle and right boxes.
The middle box is the list of friends groups the selected friend is not a member of; the right box is the list of friends groups the selected friend is a member of.
This is proposed as an alternative to my prior suggestion for friends group management. This version allows a UI quite similar to the current one, only pivoted by friends rather than groups.
- Manage friends groups pivoted on friends rather than groups.
- Similar UI to current friends group management.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Need to write another form.
- Need to expose the form somehow/somewhere.
- Might want to be able to switch between current view (pivoted on groups) and proposed view (pivoted on friends) without saving in between: this could require some trickiness.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Mostly, you should be able to take the current friends group management page and produce this one by some simple changes.