Community invites should auto-approve join requests
Short, concise description of the idea
An outstanding community invite should mean that community join requests are automatically approved.
Full description of the idea
If someone has an invite outstanding to join a group, then an attempt to join that group should result in the invite being accepted, rather than bothering the moderators.
- Less work for the moderators.
- Faster joins for community would-be members, as there's no turnaround time waiting for the moderators.
- No need to double-check whether you have an outstanding invite to join a community.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- There's a little more work for the server to do when someone attempts to join a moderated-membership group.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- When a user attempts to join a moderated community, check whether there is already an invite outstanding for them. If so, do what you would do if they accepted the invite instead of continuing with the community join.
- The site still needs to handle adding the community as a friend too, if that's not already done by the invite acceptance code.