Allowing filter access to others' friends groups
Short, concise description of the idea
Two users have different friends lists, but want to be able to occasionally make posts filtered to each others' friends groups.
Full description of the idea
A classic example of this is with my wife and I. We both have several friends groups; occasionally I want to write a post about an event that happened to us, but that she wants filtered (or vice-versa). Currently, this means that we can only post to the group of people that is common between her filter and my friends group.
It would be very nice if she could give me posting access to a given friends group, and then it would show up on my filters list (possibly with the extra step of selecting her username from an additional dropbox.)
- Ability to write a post filtered to the actual group of people that should be able to see it.
- Removes the necessity of manual copying of friends groups between users ("Okay, read 'em off to me... 'abracat', got it, 'acranutso'...")
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- It would add a widget to the posting screen, which is indeed pretty full (but it could be another "hidden dropbox" setup like most of them).
- It would be yet another set of crosslinks in the database, and one between users no less - is this a security risk? a clustering issue?
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- As I said, I'd think adding a "allow users" section to each Friends Group would do it on the sharing side, and a hidden widget to list the additional users whose Friends Groups you want to list instead of your own as the displayed checkboxes would do it on the posting side.