S2 Layer Browser should Sort Layers
Short, concise description of the idea
The S2 layer browser should group layers by layer type and then sort them by layer name.
Full description of the idea
Currently, the layer browser doesn't sort layers, so they end up displayed in a random order, making it difficult to find a particular layer. This will only get worse as more system layouts and internationalization layers are added.
To simplify the finding of layers, they should be split up by layer type, and then sorted by name.
- LiveJournal Core
- A Sturdy Gesture
- [5 children ... ]
- [21 children ... ]
- [1 children ... ]
- Revenge of the Zebras
- Lost in Stripes
- Neighs and Whinnys
- Tabular Indent
- [20 children ... ]
- Mystic Runes
Such a system would make it considerably easier to find that i18n, layout, or theme layer one is seeking, without any adverse effects save a small bit of processor time to perform the sort.An ordered list of benefits
- Easier to find a layer, thanks to sensible ordering of items
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Best choice of markup for the layer-type headings?
- Slight increase in processor usage
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- zilla → patch → CVS → live
- Sit back, listen to S2 nuts go "Yaaaaay!" and smile: you're one step closer to world domination