View comments as non-threaded entries
Short, concise description of the idea
An option to turning comment threading OFF.
Full description of the idea
Some conversations and comments are very interesting -- and very long. In order to see the -new- comments, readers have to read the -entire- comment log again to see where in the whole list the new comments are. Turning -off- threaded comments would make it easier for followers of the thread to see which comments are the new comments.
- 1. Keep comments and conversation current
- 2. Each entry will be read in order, keeping a conversation from breaking up into individual small threads, and thereby building a group dynamic rather than a response-to-single-entry dynamic
- 3. Allow people interested in the topic and questions to easily see what's been added.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- If this is done as an -option-, there won't be any problems. People who want to view as threaded entries can choose that option; people who want to view by -date entered-, will have that option.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Comment time & date is entered. In order to read a non-threaded comment line, creating an option that will allow a view-by-date-entered, as well as the standard threaded, will give users both choices.
- I really hate the way threading breaks things up.