A welcome page upon logging in
Short, concise description of the idea
When a user logs in, they would be taken to a welcome page, which has links to different pages.
Full description of the idea
There are many parts of the site which users don't find easily, or you don't think about when you do your daily routine of log-in, friends page, update journal, etc. Many of these items are linked in the sidebar in dystopia or in the menus in xcolibur, but if you don't know where they are, you may not find them. I'd suggest a page like this:
From here, you can:
- Edit your login settings
- Visit your Friends Page.
- Visit your Journal.
- Update your journal.
- See what communities you've been invited to.
- View your memories.
- View or edit your To-do list.
- links to other nifty stuff.
- View the Site Map for more links to things.
- I think manage/invites.bml is linked to only from the FAQ.
- Have a bunch of links available to the user right upon logging in, in a user friendly format.
- Make users aware of things they might not otherwise be aware of.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- someone would have to code it.
- the links on this page are arguably findable elsewhere on the site.
- many people choose to always be logged in, but they could visit the page through http://www.livejournal.com/welcome.bml or something, which would be linked from places probably.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- hmm, well someone would need to code it, and it'd be cool if people commented here with what kind of things they'd like to see linked on it, and i dunno, it doesn't seem to be too hard to implement.